The Centre for Poverty Reduction and Social Policy Development (CPRSPD) is a joint initiative of the Planning Commission, Government of Pakistan and UNDP which supports the Government in strengthening development policy formulation and implementation through policy research, analysis, discourse and advocacy.
The Government of Pakistan through the Planning Commission has initiated transformational efforts for pursuing an inclusive growth agenda, for which Centre for Poverty Reduction and Social Policy Development (CPRSPD) is engaging advisory services to support the process of Inclusive Growth strategy formulation, consultations, mobilizing and monitoring an inclusive growth framework.
The Planning Commission is in the process of developing a New Growth Framework. A series of reports have been commissioned by the CPRSPD and the Planning Commission. The CPRSPD requires the services of an Editor to compile and edit a set of reports for language and content ensuring that they are standardized, uniform and ready for publication.
Under the overall supervision of the National Project Manager, CPRSPD, and the National Institutional Advisor, Planning Commission, the editor is expected to ensure that the reports received by the New Growth Strategy team are presented in a manner that is correct, effective and easy to read without compromising the information that the authors intended.
For each report, the editor will be expected to:
1. Carefully read the content of reports, and check for consistency, style, presentation, and layout.
2. Prepare design and layout for the report if required.
3. Suggest positioning and apply appropriate style for placeholders for figures, case studies, graphs, tables, tag lines, pictures, and annexes.
4. Ensure correct spellings (Oxford style) and appropriate word usage.
5. Ensure correct grammar and syntax and consistency of usage.
6. Develop table of contents; list of tables and figures; list of acronyms; glossary; appendices and references.
7. Spell out all abbreviations/acronyms when first mentioned in the text, followed by only the acronym thereon.
8. Ensure correlation between the list of acronyms in the table and their occurrence throughout the text.
9. Ensure correct referencing.
10. Apply correct/consistent line spacing and paragraphs/table formatting.
11. Check and ensure consistency of formatting and fonts.
12. Apply correct numbering of chapters and/ or sub-chapters, sections and sub-sections including correct reflection in the table of contents.
13. Use correct page numbering and consistent numbering of footnotes where applicable.
14. Check document, if figures and tables at the end of each annex are in order and consistently referred to throughout the relevant chapter/ annex.
15. Use consistent font (s) as relevant. Emphasize headings and sub-headings with appropriate font/format.
16. Check document for redundancy of language or content.
17. Liaise with the National Institutional Advisor and the National Project Manager during the course of the consultancy.
Management & organization
Reports should be submitted, in electronic word files, ready for publication, as they are completed, for approval by the National Institutional Advisor and the National Project Manager.
1. Proven ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiatives, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
2. Proven ability to work in a team, respecting team spirit, with excellent interpersonal skills;
3. Strong communication, research and analytical skills, and ability to rapidly integrate information from various sources;
4. Sound editorial and journalistic judgment and political sensitivity;
5. General knowledge in the field of communications and advocacy;
6. Technical skills in production, editing, and ability to write quickly, clearly and concisely in English.
The duration of the assignment is 3 months. The assignment will commence as soon as possible upon signing of contract, and the final reports shall be submitted to the CPRSPD per agreement for each report.
“Equally Qualified Women Will Be Given Preference”