The Centre for Poverty Reduction and Social Policy Development (CPRSPD) is a joint initiative of the Planning Commission, Government of Pakistan and UNDP which supports the Government in strengthening development policy formulation and implementation through policy research, analysis, discourse and advocacy.
The Government of Pakistan through the Planning Commission has initiated transformational efforts for pursuing an inclusive growth agenda, for which Centre for Poverty Reduction and Social Policy Development (CPRSPD) is engaging advisory services to support the process of Inclusive Growth strategy formulation, consultations, mobilizing and monitoring an inclusive growth framework. To increase its outreach the CPRSPD requires the services of a Consultant to accurately translate and edit a set of reports, opinion editorials and presentations into Urdu upon demand in the allotted time frame.
Under the overall supervision of the National Project Manager, CPRSPD, and the National Institutional Advisor, Planning Commission, the consultant will be expected to:
1. Accurately translate documents from English to Urdu within a given timeframe. The consultant is expected to undertake terminology research to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all translations.
2. Ensure correct grammar and syntax and consistency of usage of the translated documents.
3. Proof read the translated document to ensure there are no typing errors.
4. Ensure that the same message is conveyed in Urdu translation, which is originally presented in English.
MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION
Reports should be submitted, in electronic word files, ready for publication, as they are completed, for approval by the National Institutional Advisor and the National Project Manager.
1. Proven ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiatives, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
2. Proven ability to work in a team, respecting team spirit, with excellent interpersonal skills;
3. Strong communication, research and analytical skills, and ability to rapidly integrate information from various sources;
4. Sound editorial and journalistic judgment and political sensitivity;
5. General knowledge in the field of communications and advocacy;
6. Technical skills in production, editing, and ability to write quickly, clearly and concisely in Urdu.
The duration of the assignment is 3 months. The assignment will commence as soon as possible upon signing of contract, and the final reports shall be submitted to the CPRSPD per agreement for each report.
“Equally Qualified Women Will Be Given Preference”