The Admin and Finance Assistant will work under the overall supervision of National Project Director and National Project Manager and will be directly reporting to the District supervisor and will get guidance from Sr. Admin and Finance Officer, will be responsible for the following activities
· Ensure the implementation of UNDP Financial and Admin related policies in the Project.
· Prepare and maintain quarterly advances and financial reports and keep a track of all funds released by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
· Prepare necessary documentation for quarterly advances and their settlement in line with the UNDP standard financial procedures.
· Maintain ledger of financial commitments and advances, ensure settlement of advances in accordance with agreed contract.
· Prepare salary/ rosters of the project staff and other short-term consultants, if needed and ensure timely payment of salaries.
· Prepare payment vouchers with complete supporting documents and issue cheques and advances to vendors concerned after approval from the competent authority
· Maintain project petty expenses and ensure entries in petty cash register, maintain general ledger to keep record of project accounts.
· Provide support to the PIU to prepare tender documents, disseminate, prepare bids tabulation and ensure quality and quantity of goods before delivery; receive and check invoices from the suppliers and initiate payment requests.
· Responsible for inventory management of both expendable and non-expendable project items. Also responsible for the project file management i.e. to maintain an accessible filing system in the project.
· Act as focal person for yearly project audit.
· Prepare contracts for the district project staff, process medical & insurance claims.
· Perform any other related duty as and when required.