Description: The support to Centre for Poverty Reduction and Social Policy Development (CPRSPD) is a five year initiative of UNDP and Government of Pakistan. CPRSPD is based in Planning Commission of Pakistan and is mandated to undertake; Poverty Research and Analysis, Advocacy to influence public policy for pro – poor growth, and capacity building of staff (esp. public sector) to sustain project efforts. These objectives will be pursued in consonance with the GOP development strategy envisaged in Medium Term Development Strategy (MTDF) 2005-10, PRSP and Vision 2030.
Under the overall guidance of the Director and direct supervision of National Project Manager, the Research Officer will perform the following tasks:
· Independently or jointly, assist in conducting economic research studies on Inclusive Economic Growth, producing policy papers and briefs in the area of economic welfare, youth employment, entrepreneurship, innovation, poverty measurement, income distribution, decent employment generation and monitoring and evaluation of poverty related programs and policies.
· To assist CRPRSPD in primary as well as secondary data collection and other qualitative relevant information for the purpose of implementing the research agenda for the center.
· To assist CRPRSPD in arranging seminars, workshops etc.
· At a broad level, assist the Senior Specialists and National Project Manager and Director CPRSPD in the development and implementation of Centre’s research program.
· Work on micro household level datasets such as PSLM, HIES, LFS, and Access to Finance.
· Work on International datasets such as World Bank Indicators, Key Indicators of Labor Markets (KILM), International Labor Organization (ILO)
“Equally qualified Women will be given preference”