Description: Consultant – Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey
Duration: The consultant will be contracted for 170 person days according to the terms and conditions.
All over the world, MICS has been instrumental in strengthening statistical capacities, highlighting and filling gaps in quality data, monitoring and tracking progress toward national and international development goals, and in identifying emerging development issues and disparities among groups in societies. In view of the paucity of local level data on social development status of the population, Government of the Punjab has also started conducting Multiple Indicators Cluster Survey (MICS) in Punjab. First two rounds of this survey were conducted in 2003-04 and 2007-08. Now, Govt. of Punjab has initiated MICS 2010-11 with support of UNDP and UNICEF. The MICS Punjab 2010-11 has been conducted with the following objectives.
• To update and compare the results of indicators covered in MICS 2003-04 and 2007-08 with the results of indicators to be covered in MICS 2010-11 at District and Tehsil level.
• To establish benchmark for the indicators which were not covered in earlier rounds of MICS but are provided in MDGs and other International commitments.
• To highlight inter-district and inter-tehsil disparities on the basis of evidence so as to be able to address these through appropriate district level so¬cial sector planning efforts by the provincial government.
• Development of a strong advocacy tool for action on inter-district and inter-tehsil dispari¬ties and poor social services delivery in different sectors.
The basic purpose of this assignment is to provide support to the Bureau of Statistics, Planning and Development Department, Punjab to conduct MICS Punjab 2010-11, analyze the survey data, prepare reports on the survey and disseminate the information to the wider stakeholders.
c) TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The consultant is supposed to accomplish the following activities/ tasks:
1. Provide support in finalization of questionnaire, questionnaire translation, and Pre-testing
2. Assist in development of training/field manuals
3. Provide support in trainings for field work
4. Provide support in quality assurance & monitoring of field work, data collection, data entry, data cleaning, etc.
5. Support in selection of firm for data management and coordination with it in software development, data entry, and data cleaning
6. Assist in data analysis & report writing
7. Provide support in sharing of initial findings of the draft report and consolidation of feedback
8. Support in preparation of survey findings dissemination materials, holding of workshops and seminars
9. Any other job relating with the MICS assigned by Deputy PD MICS/ Provincial Program Manager (PPM) Strengthening Poverty Reduction Strategy Monitoring Project (SPRSM).
EQUALLY QUALIFIED WOMEN WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE