The Productive Uses of Renewable Energy (PURE) project; aims at increasing the adoption of renewable energy technologies (RETs) by promoting productive uses of renewable energy in one of Pakistan’s remotest areas. The goal of PURE project is the social and economic development and reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by replacing and avoiding the use of diesel engines for productive uses, kerosene for heating and diesel-based village mini-grids. This will be achieved through construction of Mini/micro Hydro Projects (MHP) and implementation of PURE activities in the Chitral district of Khyber-PukhtoonKhwa & Gilgit-Baltistan.
The Enterprise Development Officer will be responsible for identification, Planning, development and implementation of project activities surrounding MHPs and monitoring indicators.
He/She will be in charge of leading program field staff and community beneficiaries through a participatory assessment of local value chains, and sharing lessons learned with senior project support team.
The Enterprise Development Officer will assist in strengthening producer and business associations’ ability to provide services to their communities develop and assist to establish small businesses, and serve as advocates for SMEs. This will include training in topics such as business planning, administrative and financial management, and leadership.
The Enterprise Development Officer will:
· Identify, Plan & Manage project activities, including monitoring and evaluation of enterprise program components; prepare and submit reports and other deliverables;
· Supervise internal control procedures and overall administrative systems;
· Conduct market research and assessments to match producer capabilities to market demands
· Design and implement project activities that will help local small enterprises to reduce risks,
· Implement technical upgrades, and access higher value markets
· Provide technical support and training for small enterprise development with Local support Organizations
· Create links among input suppliers, producers, and wholesalers, facilitating the transfer of skills and reducing transaction costs
· Represent PURE project in meetings and conferences; and complete other tasks as assigned by National Project Coordinator.