The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work under the overall guidance of NPD and reporting to NPD and NPC and will perform the following tasks:
· Develop the overall framework for project M&E, for example, annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned workshops.
· Guide the process for identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring projects / activities performance and comparing it to targets. Design the format for such performance reports.
· Identify needs and ways for strengthening monitoring and evaluation undertaken by relevant institutions and provide support to set up M&E methods and frameworks;
· Utilize different M&E instruments and various institutional arrangements to guarantee timely delivery of studies and reports
· Assist in the daily supervision of activities; day to day monitoring of project implementation based on the Annual Work Plan
Assist the NPC in coordinating/facilitating all evaluation and monitoring missions.
· Prepare monitoring work plans that account for related activities undertaken by various partners and identify the evaluation methodology;
· Prepare ToRs (Terms of Refrences) for the sub-contracts and procurements for approval by the EC,( Executive Committee) and PSC, (Project Steering Committee);
· Ensure and supervise quality assurance and maintenance of the public information web page and information dissemination activities within the country;
· Assist the NPC in the mobilization of inputs and resources;
Provide operational management for the production of project outputs according to the project document and the procedures in UNDP/GEF Project Cycle Operations Manual PCOM);
· Evaluate reports on execution of outputs; Ensure, oversee and review the translation of some documents into Urdu and other local languages as required;
· Prepare, arrange and submit within the deadlines the Annual Project Report (APR), Project Implementation Report (PIR), technical reviews, quarterly progress reports, financial progress report, updated work plans and budget and any other required reports;
· Provide required information and support the annual external audit and an external independent evaluation at the end of project;
· Perform any other related work as required.