TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR QUANTITY SURVEYORS
REHABILITATION OF GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS AND PROVISION OF ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENTS
EARLY RECOVERY OF LOCAL GOVERNANCE PROGRAMME
The UNDP under the Early Recovery of Local Governance Program intends to hire the services of qualified individual consultants for Assessment and Rehabilitation of Government Buildings affected in 2010 floods. The scope of assignment besides Rehabilitation of damages to the Government Buildings also includes identification and Procurement of essential equipments damaged in the floods of 2010. Main objective of the program is to restore capacities of local institutions for recovery of flood affected communities and protection of their rights. The list of districts covered in the program is attached.
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AND DUTY STATION
Services of Four Quantity Surveyors one each for Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab and Sindh are required.
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment should focus on the assessment and rehabilitation of office buildings under the use of Local Administration, Revenue Department, Agriculture, Livestock and Cooperation Department, Elementary and Secondary Education Department and Health Department damage in the 2010 floods. In addition to that essential equipments required for efficient functioning of these offices shall also be identified.
Under the overall supervision of the Team Leader for Assessment and Rehabilitation of Government Buildings affected in 2010 floods, the incumbent will perform following duties in the assigned district:
1. Review the inventory of buildings and equipments in the assigned districts
2. Check/ calculate the cost of rehabilitation works based on prescribed Composite Schedule of Rates or market rates in the assigned districts
3. Check/ calculate the Quantity, Specifications and cost of essential equipments for each office based on market rates
4. Assist in procurement of contractors for rehabilitation works including short listing, preparation of tender documents and evaluation of bids
5. Assist in procurement of suppliers for the equipments
6. Check the interim & final payments to the contractors and suppliers
7. Check the Final Completion Report for each site
1. Work Plan showing timelines for each activity and mile stone
2. Cost estimates of all government buildings and Equipment damaged during 2010 floods
3. Inputs in drafting Specifications, Drawings, Photographs, Coordinates etc. for the proposed rehabilitation works and equipments
4. Assist in Bids Evaluation Report for each work/ tender
5. Assist in Final Completion Report including handing over certificates for each site
Six months from March 2011 to August 2011.