TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR DESIGN ENGINEERS
REHABILITATION OF GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS AND PROVISION OF ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENTS
EARLY RECOVERY OF LOCAL GOVERNANCE PROGRAMME
The UNDP under the Early Recovery of Local Governance Program intends to hire the services of qualified individual consultants for Assessment and Rehabilitation of Government Buildings affected in 2010 floods. The scope of assignment besides Rehabilitation of damages to the Government Buildings also includes identification and Procurement of essential equipments damaged in the floods of 2010. Main objective of the program is to restore capacities of local institutions for recovery of flood affected communities and protection of their rights. The list of districts covered in the program is attached.
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AND DUTY STATION
Services of Four Design Engineers one each for Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab and Sindh are required.
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment should focus on the review of assessment and rehabilitation works proposed by the district engineers in the office buildings under the use of Local Administration, Revenue Department, Agriculture, Livestock and Cooperation Department, Elementary and Secondary Education Department and Health Department damage in the 2010 floods. In addition to that essential equipments required for efficient functioning of these offices shall also be reviewed.
Under the overall supervision of the Team Leader for Assessment and Rehabilitation of Government Buildings affected in 2010 floods, the incumbent will perform following duties:
1. Review the inventory of buildings and equipments in the assigned districts
2. Review the nature and magnitude of the damages to the government buildings and equipments during 2010 floods identified by the District Engineers
3. Provide structure designs of rehabilitation works to the District Engineers
4. Review the designs and cost of rehabilitation works based on prescribed Composite Schedule of Rates or market rates worked out by the district engineers
5. Review Draft Assessment Reports highlighting findings and recommendations for each site
6. Review Final Assessment Report
7. Assist in procurement of contractors for rehabilitation works including short listing, preparation of tender documents and evaluation of bids
1. Work Plan showing timelines for each activity and mile stone
2. Review the Draft Assessment Reports including Cost Estimates, Specifications, Drawings, Photographs, Coordinates etc. for the proposed rehabilitation works and equipments
3. Review the Final Assessment Reports
4. Review Bids Evaluation Report for each work/ tender
Two months from April 2011 to May 2011