1. Background and Rationale
The Gender Justice and Protection (GJP) Project is a key initiative of the UNDP Pakistan with the aim to contribute towards sustainable reduction in Violence against Women (VAW) in accordance with the government’s policy commitments. The project is funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) and implemented through the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS). The project supports initiatives at community, organizational and policy level to reduce violence against women in Pakistan.
Gender Justice and Protection project intends to hire a short term consultant for a period of three months. The consultant, under the supervision of National Project Manager (NPM), Gender Justice and Protection Project, will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Communicate with and organize the reporting from 42 GJP Implementing Partners. This includes collection, organization and consolidation of data related to project targets and performance indicators
• Facilitate partner organizations in producing and maintaining means of verification
• Facilitate partner organizations in preparation of case studies
• Be an information management point of Gender Justice and Protection project
• Assist in organizing events
• Organize and record research and Information, Education and Communication (IEC) material produced by partner organizations
• Assist in the Finance and Administration related office work
• Any other tasks assigned by NPM
a. Submission of report on preliminary scrutiny of QPRs submitted by GJP partners.
b. Submission of review report of collection proformas P1 and P2 from GJP partners and updating of GJP database of partners delivery.
c. Submission of a consolidated collective monitoring report for GJP’s IEC material, MoVs, project pictures, documentaries and press clippings.
Duration of Assignment:
The assignment will commence in Jan 2011 and conclude in March 2011 with a total number of 30 working days.