Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Coordinator the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
1. Review project initiatives and interventions from advocacy and communications perspective and develop communications action plan/strategy in consultation with the communication unit in CO, CPRU and provincial PMUs and the UNHCR.
2. Keeps abreast of social and political developments in the country that affect RAHA programme, activities and principles and informs the office in a timely way;
3. Assist senior public information staff at UNDP and UNHCR to drive a proactive communication strategy for RAHA in Pakistan
4. Develops working relationships with the Government, and UN participating agencies, NGO/INGOs in order to arise interest and develop cooperation in inter-related activities and provide support and advice on RAHA;
5. Holding suitable number of workshops/consultative meetings with major stakeholders including UN participating Agencies for finalizing the proposed communication action plan/strategy.
6. Facilitate in implementing communications strategy and action plans with the assistance of project staff and Implementing Partners
7. Design and implementation of the publications strategy and plan to highlight the interventions of the programme.
8. Facilitate in implementation of knowledge management, developing and disseminating of knowledge products amongst relevant stakeholders.
9. Assist the NPC in organizing events/discussions of the Policy Dialogue Forum and projecting the work/recommendations of the Forum.
10. Facilitate and assist the provincial communication coordinators in all advocacy and communications activities and sharing and dissemination of relevant information with different stakeholders, in an effective manner and on regular basis and in the process enhance their capacity.
11. Plan creative media activities in close coordination with the provincial communication coordinators to capitalize on the important occasions e.g. workshops, seminars, International and national days etc.
12. Arrange field visits of media groups to successful project sites.
13. Submit a final assignment completion report with recommendations for a way ahead.
Perform any other related duty as and when required by the respective managers