Project Title: Floods Early Recovery Programmme
Post Title: Team Leader (Rehabilitation of Government Buildings and Record Restoration)
Duration of Assignment: Six Months (January-June, 2010) Extendable
Duty Station: Islamabad covering all the Target districts of the project
Salary band: SSA
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leading a team of engineers and consultants, prepare (1) district-wise government buildings assessment work plan, (2) develop, pre-test and finalize data collection questionnaire and (3) organize visits to target districts
· Supervise and take part in visits to the above mentioned districts to carry out the assessment of all government buildings damaged in the floods
· Compile, finalize and present the findings and recommendations of the assessment and note the feedback for incorporation in the report.
· Write detailed assessment report containing the following:
o Executive Summary
o Methodology, Sample Size and Questionnaire
§ Detailed assessment of the nature and magnitude of damages caused to government buildings during the floods
§ Specifications of the rehabilitation works to be performed for each building in a given district
§ Cost estimates of rehabilitation works per site per district including total cost per district and summary cost
§ Design of rehabilitation works per site per district
§ Photographs of damages per building per district
§ Computer and related office equipment needs per district
§ Status of damages to government records especially related to revenue and administration
§ Recommendations for rehabilitation of the damaged records including identification of inputs
- Support the CO in rehabilitation of the damaged government buildings by leading the team in preparation of details BOQs, undertake the sub-contracting process (if needed), ensure quality control and resolve any bottlenecks.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment.
1. Work Plan
2. Visit to Districts
3. Presentation of data collected, cleaned and analyzed
4. Draft and present the Assessment Report
5. Final Assessment Report
The consultants shall report to the Programme Manager, through Programme Officer, UNDP-CPRU.