The Gender Justice and Protection (GJP) Project is a key initiative of the UNDP Pakistan with the aim to contribute towards sustainable reduction in Violence against Women (VAW) in accordance with the government’s policy commitments. The project is funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) and implemented through the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS). The project supports initiatives at community, organizational and policy level to reduce violence against women in Pakistan.
Gender Justice and Protection project intends to hire a driver, The driver under the supervision of National Project Manager (NPM), Gender Justice and Protection Project, will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance and log of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
· Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement, when required.
· Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
· Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
· Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
· Responsible for safe travel and comfort of passengers.
· Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.
· Perform any other duties as required.