Under the guidance and supervision of HR Analyst, the HR Assistant provides HR services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The HR Assistant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the NATCAP. The HR Assistant works in close collaboration with the EAD, operations, programme units of UNDP and projects’ staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment Services for NIM Projects
· Assist in smooth implementation of recruitment processes including review of Terms of Reference, post classification, vacancy announcements on website and newspapers, screening of eligible candidates, provide facilitation to NIM projects for shortlisting of candidates, participating in interview panels, reference checks, and preparation of interview reports.
· Assist in review and certification and submission of recruitment documentation to UNDP for final clearance.
· Preparation of Service Contracts. Keep track of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, benefits, and separations.
· Prepare offer letters, Negotiate salaries in line with guidelines of PCOM using fair and consistent practices.
· Keep track of contract expiries and notify projects prior to expiry of contracts for contract extensions.
· Process contracts extensions and amendments in timely and correct manner.
· Review Performance Appraisals of SC holders and process merit base salary increases.
· Processing of identification cards to NIM SC holders
Oversight of HR function
· Ensure full compliance of HR activities with PCOM rules and regulations, proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
· Keep track of actual costs that should not exceed budgeted amounts, and funds to cover personnel costs are charged against the correct budget account code.
· Maintain a close liaison with UNDP for effective delivery of HR services to NIM Projects.
Benefits and Entitlement Management
· Ensure enrolment and continuity of Social Security Benefits of SC holders, enrolment into National Medical coverage plan, National Life Insurance personal accident for death and disability insurance, National Providence Fund Scheme and Gratuity.
· Ensure that claimants of social security benefits receive their entitlements.
· Maintain a proper electronic and physical HR records system for audit purposes that includes recruitment documentations, leave rosters of all NIM SC holders, quarterly progress reports, contracts extensions etc.
Revision of Salary Scales
· Assist in Revision salary scales for NIM SC holders each year with effect from 1st July by incorporating CPI based salary increase.
· Process necessary contract amendments to enable NIM SC holder to get CPI based salary increases.
Reporting to: HR Analyst