Bio Saline II (October 2006 –March 2011) aims at developing community driven sustainable farming systems for the rehabilitation of waterlogged and salt affected lands to improve livelihoods in three districts of Punjab namely Hafizabad, Jhang and Sargodha.
The Research Associate (Economics) will work under the direct supervision of National Project Manager (NPM) and will perform the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for leading research on poverty measurement and analysis in the project area.
· Design and undertake research on the measurement of poverty and the impact of project interventions on poverty.
· Track developments in poverty measurement and analysis in Punjab and associate the same with the project and its implementation
· Identify gaps in the knowledge base and take and support new initiatives in the project.
· Conduct various case studies in the project area to assess the intended benefits being provided by the project.
· Conduct various surveys and seminar on poverty reduction strategy of Biosaline-II to improve its access to the deserving target population.
· Design appropriate tools and activities for data collection and integration for various project needs relating to impact assessment on macro and micro level.
· Undertake analysis of the quality and reliability of available data sources
· Where needed, develop technically sound and clearly defined SMART indicators for project interventions related to social development
· Regularly interact with key national and sub-national partners involved in socioeconomic surveys and data collection
· Maintain a database of relevant studies and data on social sector performance and build links with public and private sector research institutions
· Contribute to the production of quarterly and annual progress reports of the project.
· Train relevant staff in public sector on poverty measurement and analysis
· Any other relevant task assigned by NPM / National Project Director
Equally qualified women are encouraged to apply