Bio Saline II (October 2006 – March 2011) aims at developing community driven sustainable farming systems for the rehabilitation of waterlogged and salt affected lands to improve livelihoods in three districts of Punjab namely Hafizabad, Jhang and Sargodha.
The Soil Scientist will work under the direct supervision of the District Manager and well get guidance from NRM specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities :
· Provide guidance and technical advise to the field staff for the implementation of NRM packages / plan.
· Provide expertise in the implementation of all technical intervention of the project and make sure that the intervention are implemented as per the proDoc and PC1.
· Produce inputs for the production of various technical and cumulative progress reports for the project.
· Provide support in the preparation and implementation of various information material for the farming community and the project staff.
· Assist the Senior Soil Scientist in developing community based participatory NRM packages for rehabilitation of waterlogged and saline lands Plan,
· Train farmers at the grassroots in technologies needed for rehabilitation of waterlogged and saline lands as per the Project Training Plan,
· Provide support in developing reporting and monitoring tools (e.g. monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annual reports) for NRM packages.
Any other assignment assigned by the project management