The National Capacity Building Project (NATCAP) aims to build the capacity of EAD to play an effective role in the coordination and implementation of the UNDP Programme and to develop operational systems and procedures for UNDP Programmes implementation.
Under the National Implementation Modality (NIM), the role of EAD in the implementation of programmes and projects across the country has increased in volume and complexity. In order to ensure the given mandate, EAD has established a National Implementation Management Unit (NIMU) to facilitate operationlization of the NIM.
HR department under NIMU, EAD has assumed its functions, to provide the human resources management services to all NIM projects (25+) with staff strength of 700+ working across the country.
The basis of this survey is to have a consistent approach in the pay levels for service contract holders with comparable work in the local labor market.
In this context, the salary survey process will be outsourced to a well known private sector company which is expected to have proven record of quality salary surveys in the local labor market.
· The Company will provide a list of employers for which data is already available, which may be considered for the SC Remuneration Survey.
· The Company will collect compensation information from additional employers recommended by the UNDP & EAD for possible inclusion in the SC Remuneration Survey. EAD will provide the employer contact and The Company will collect the necessary information from each of these employers.
· Data from employers are analyzed in accordance with the set methodology and will include all typical allowances and benefits that are found in the market.
· When information from all potential employers is complete, UNDP and EAD will make the selection of at least 10 employers for inclusion in the SC Remuneration Survey analysis. (Two thirds from public sector and the rest from private sector).
· Utilizing the programme and analytical tools developed by the company, data from participants will be examined for their utility from competitive market position perspective.
· The Company will present analysis to UNDP and EAD and make recommendation on the salary scale with the target of the twentieth to sixtieth percentile of the surveyed employers. The Company will also provide options of salary scales for 20 th to 60 th percentiles of the surveyed market.
· The recommended remuneration scale should integrate SC jobs into ten broad bands. The remuneration survey will be consistent with the methodology.
· To prepare report for presentation to internal UNDP and EAD management.
Submission of the report consisting of:
Timeline: 2-3 weeks
· Summary of data collected from the specific organizations showing TOR matches and the valuation of their remuneration package
· A table showing the average of all organizations by benchmarked TORs and the 20 - 60 percentile remuneration.
· A summary table of organization practices on remuneration
· Revised Service Contract remuneration scale with target market position between 20 - 60 % percentile .
Timeline: 2-3 weeks
Recommendation to UNDP and EAD management on the Integration of actual SC salaries and positions to the revised SC remuneration
The final report will be presented to the SC Salary Survey Committee comprising of UNDP and EAD. The company is expected to take into account the feedback from the committee and UNDP/EAD to finalize the scales. The assignment will be completed when the new scales are approved by the committee.