Sustainable Land Management Project is a GEF, UNDP and GoP funded project. It aims to combat land degradation and desertification in Pakistan in order to protect and restore ecosystem and essential ecosystem services that are key to reducing poverty.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of reliable, timely and secure services by
i) Driving office vehicles for the safe transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items
ii) Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, when required.
- Ensuring availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, maps of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the office vehicles, including checking of oil, water battery, brakes and tires, etc.
- Performs minor repairs, arrange other repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Logs official trip, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, greasing etc.
- Should any vehicle be involved in an accident, ensures that the steps required by UN rules and regulations are followed.
- Provides administrative support services to the office if and when required.
- Performs any other duty as required or assigned by his supervisor.
- Must have ability to work under pressure and work outside main office hours, when required.
The driver will work under the direct supervision of the Office/Logistic Assistant with the overall guidance of the Admin & Finance Officer.