The major responsibility of the Data Management/I.T. Assistant is to provide operational support in computer hardware and software specifically to maintain the project website, LAN and trouble-shoot software (operating system-window, office package, virus infection etc) related problems. He/she will also assist in digitization of satellite imageries and preparation of thematic maps. The specific tasks for the position will include:
- Establish and maintain local server setup at the NCU-SLMP including establishment of Network polices (Password, Drivers etc).
- Manage & over see all hardware & software related issues of the LAN
- Upgrade and maintain project website and upload project reports, maps, promotional material and news bulletins;
- Activate, upgrade and maintain discussion forum on the website;
- Ensure project data security, integrity, backup and recovery (in case of loss);
- Responsible for maintaining UPS installed in the office;
- Responsible for trouble-shoot in telephone exchange, email traffic, multimedia and other I.T related equipment;
- Provide technical and operational support to the GIS Specialist for dynamically publishing project related spatial information on website;
- Assist GIS Specialist in preparation of vector data (digitization of data in Arc GIS) from satellite imageries;
- Any other task assigned by his/her immediate supervisor or the National Project Coordinator;
“Equally Qualified women will be given preference”.