Total Position(s): 1
Job Type: SSA
Job Location: Islamabad
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Career Level: Junior
Organizational Unit: UNODC
Duration: 5 months starting August 2010
Apply By: July 30, 2010
Posted On: August 12, 2010
The UNODC Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through its recently developed Country Programme with a focus on needs related to illicit trafficking and border management, criminal justice and drug demand reduction and HIV. In order to make the move from the old programme to the new one in a timely and efficient manner, UNODC Pakistan requires the services of a Transitional Administrative System Assistantwith experience in programme implementation, information management and financial management.
The objective of the position is to support the start-up development and implementation of COPAK’s Country Programme. Specifically, the Transitional Administrative System Assistantrequired to support the Programme Management Associate and Programme Officers in developing standardized reporting templates, streamline information management processes, human resource and financial management. The Transitional Administrative System Assistant will also support day-to-day administrative duties as and when required.
The Transitional Admin Systems Assistant will work under the supervision of the UNODC Representative for Pakistan (COPAK) with the COPAK team.
The Transitional Admin Systems Assistant will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Assist in development and amendment of various reporting templates in line with Country Programme reporting structure.
2. Support in management of proper information management system (hard and soft) and ensure files are maintained on prescribed format.
3. Assist Programme Management Associate and Programme Officers in recording programme activities, based on LFA, work plans and budget distribution; in UNODC database application.
4. Assist Programme Management Associate in effective human resource management and maintenance of employee records, attendance and leave management in accordance to the UN rules and regulations
5. Assist and coordinate in provision of all administrative support require to the country programme team.
6. Assist Programme Management Associate in auction and dispose off UNODC old inventory and proper documentation of whole process with updation of inventory records in UNODC inventory database.
7. Assist Programme Management Associate in processing payments, generating various financial reports, obligations and pre-encumbrances.
8. Facilitating logistical arrangements and support Programme Management Associate in motor pool management.
- A proper and well organized information management system with list of all archived files.
- Updated COPAK inventory in its database and proper documentation of donation, auctioned and disposed of inventory.
- Programme/Project Activities with budget classification in UNODC financial database.
Qualifications and Experience
§ A professional degree with at least 2 years of relevant professional experience with United Nations is a requirement.
§ Significant experience in office administration, finance and HR is a requirement. Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, with good analytical and communication skills.
§ Proficiency in the use of information technology (word processing, PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets and data management)
§ Familiarity with UNODC and UN Secretariat processes and documentation would be an advantage.
The Transitional Administrative System Assistant will need to be based in Country Office Pakistan, UNODC in order to complete the deliverables required under this assignment. H/she will work under the supervision of the Country Representative UNODC.
Payment Schedule and Rate
The National Consultant will be issued a consultancy contract paid in accordance with United Nations rules and procedures. Consultancy fee will be determined by UNDP recommended rates for national consultants.