Bio Saline II (October 2006 – September 2010) aims at developing community driven sustainable farming systems for the rehabilitation of waterlogged and salt affected lands to improve livelihoods in three districts of Punjab namely Hafizabad, Jhang and Sargodha.
The Social Organizer will work under the direct supervision of District Manager and will get guidance from Senior Social Organizer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist villagers in conducting participatory assessment of resources and needs.
• To study existing organizational culture, power structures, and other socio-economic factors in the concerned local region and identify areas of immediate concern and high priority around which community groups can be organized as CCB.
• Assist village leaders in the preparation of village profiles.
• To make contact with and organizing local communities and CCB's in the most appropriate forms of organization in the given situational context.
• Assist villages in problem analysis.
• To train local leaders and activist in the basics or organizing and mobilizing communities and introducing the concept of citizens community Boards.
• Assist villages in formation of WIGs and income generating opportunities.
• Identify and assess training needs of village groups.
• Assist in the coordination of training for village groups.
• To exchange ideas and experiences with management and field staff as to inculcate the spirit of debate and discussion with Biosaline-II
“Equally Qualified women will be given preference”.