5. Duties and Responsibilities: The services of the NPM will be required for the first phase of project implementation. He/She will work under the under the supervision of National Project Director (NPD). NPM will collaborate closely with NPD, UNDP, Government counterparts and key stakeholders in order to facilitate project implementation towards the desired goals and objectives. NPM will be responsible for general and financial administration, progress reporting, monitoring and the quality control of inputs from consultants and subcontractors providing assistance to the project.
Scope of work
NPM will be responsible for undertaking the following specific tasks:
Advise the executing agency in establishing of Project Coordination and Implementation Structure;
Finalize the detailed action plan for each of the outputs of Phase I of the project;
Support in developing linkages among various outputs and provide substantive knowledge for promoting wind energy in Pakistan;
Analyze the baseline assessments, incorporate results into the policy framework and create an enabling environment for the promotion of wind energy technologies;
Strengthen networking amongst key stakeholders by conducting a consultation process, involve and learn from all the key stakeholders and identify linkages between on-going activities;
Identify needs and ways for strengthening relevant institutions and provide support from the project resources to meet the targets under each of the outputs;
Organize consultative workshops, trainings, seminars, field trips and delegation incentive tours according to work plans;
Set up monitoring work plans that account for related activities undertaken by various partners and identify the evaluation methodology;
Lead and manage the PIU applying administrative and technical procedures as required;
Day to day monitoring of project implementation based on the Annual Work Plan
Prepare ToRs for the sub-contracts and procurements for approval by the Executive Committee (EC) and Project Steering Committee(PSC);
Advise and assist the NPD in the mobilization of inputs and resources;
Provide operational management for the production of project outputs according to the project document and the procedures in UNDP/GEF Project Cycle Operations Manual (PCOM); knowledge of government rules and regulations are preferable;
Act as the Secretary of the Project Steering Committee (PSC);
Evaluate reports on execution of outputs;
Arrange and submit within the deadlines the Tripartite Review (TPR), Annual Project Report (APR), Project Implementation Report (PIR), technical reviews, quarterly progress reports, financial progress report, updated work plans and budget and any other required reports as required;
Provide required information and support to the annual external audit and an external independent evaluation at the end of phase 1
6. Reporting to:National Project Director
7. Duration of Service: Till October, 2010
8. Qualifications: This position requires at least a Masters Degree in engineering related disciplines.
9. Experience: This position requires minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the area of Energy and/or Infrastructure Project Management. A relevant experience in renewable energy and environment will be highly appreciated.
10. Skills and competencies expected of the individual He/She must have strong cross-cultural communication (verbal and written) capacities, management and leadership skills and experience, ability to work in multi-cultural environment, must have problem-solving skills, results orientation, sensitivity to gender issues and solid computer skills in relevant software packages (MS office). Strong English language skills (oral and written) are required.
11. Language Requirement:Urdu & English
“Equally Qualified women will be given preference”.