Background and Rationale
The Gender Justice and Protection (GJP) Project is a key initiative of the UNDP Pakistan with the aim to contribute towards sustainable reduction in Violence against Women (VAW) in accordance with the government’s policy commitments. The project is funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) and implemented through the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS). The project supports initiatives at community, organizational and policy level to reduce violence against women in Pakistan.
Gender Justice and Protection project intends to hire a Gender Monitoring & Evaluation Expert. The GM&E Expert, under the supervision of National Project Manager (NPM), Gender Justice and Protection Project, will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• To adopt and institutionalize gender focused monitoring & evaluation system for the project and indicators for input and output monitoring within the purview of the project objectives for timely reporting by the PMU.
• Ensure mainstreaming of gender across quantitative, qualitative and process indicators of inputs, outputs and outcome/s of GJP and the sub-projects
• Guide and support the GJP partners in following the developed monitoring system and ensure regular flow of information between GJP and partners in the form of agreed reports and documents.
• Provide stewardship to GJP partners, in the area of responsibility, for effective implementation of sub-projects through backstopping, guidelines, capacity building, monitoring and reporting
• Plan, co-ordinate and oversee the mid-term and end of the project evaluation studies of the GJP supported initiatives.
• Be a part of the entire process of proposals receipt, desk and field assessment.
• Guide and coordinate the review of the project log frame including provide technical advice for the revision of performance indicators, ensure realistic intermediate and end-of-project targets are defined;
• Support Information Systems Assessments on agreed: (1) indicators and targets for monitoring; (2) objective criteria (and data sources) for the evaluation; and (3) means for obtaining the needed information.
• Ensure implementation & documentation of targets and performance indicators to be included in monitoring system for project activities, annual reviews and reports.
• Support the PMU team in timely preparation and submission of reports to UNDP/donors, etc.
• Compile data sources, employing collection and analysis of monitoring data.
• Develop and institutionalize a feedback system to provide regular feedback to projects seeking funding from the VAW pool of resources on their performance/activities.
• Liaise with the funding partners for monitoring, reporting and evaluation activities particularly those related to baseline survey, website content management, software/database maintenance, etc.
• Support the knowledge management activities through data collection on gender based violence cases from various sources including police, judiciary, MAs, etc.
• Undertake field visits to monitor the implementation of activities as may be required
• To perform any other duties as required by the Project and NPM for achieving the above objectives.
• Assist the partner organizations seeking funding to complete the project proposal format in accordance with the requirements set.
• To facilitate and assist Government ministries departments and local organizations for developing good ideas in to proposals.
• Any other responsibility/duty assigned by the NPM