The Wafaqi Mohtasib’s Secretariat (WMS), in accordance with its mandate to facilitate the public with the assistance of Federal Agencies to redress public grievances regarding service provision, has initiated a project in collaboration with UNDP for strengthening public grievance redress mechanisms (SPGRM). The project has the following objectives:
1. To improve redress and response systems and procedures on accountability, transparency and integrity (ATI) to enable closer alignment with the needs and expectations of citizens;
2. To increase public demand for ATI in service delivery; and
3. To facilitate availability of and access to information regarding grievance redress and service delivery mechanisms and standards.
In order to realize the aim of targeting systemic failures, the Wafaqi Mohtasib (WM) has taken the initiative of establishing a Research & Analysis Wing in the Head Office, headed by an Additional Secretary. This Wing has been tasked with the responsibility for identifying patterns and practices that lead to maladministration and to analyze their causes. The Research & Analysis Wing also helps set standards for performance and in the monitoring of performance of Investigation Officers.
In order to support the activities envisaged under the Research & studies Wing, it is proposed to engage a Data Processor to facilitate the following activities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The Data Processor will work closely (directly) with the Research & Studies Wing and under overall supervision of the Project Management Unit.
2. The Data Processor will collect the required data and information from the CMIS (Complaint Management Information System)/IT Wing of the Wafaqi Mohtasib Secretariat on regular basis.
3. The Data Processor will conduct data scanning and processing to deliver required data outputs (tables/graphs) to the R & S Wing.
4. The Data Processor will support the R&S Wing in developing periodic reports with sectoral and trend analysis.
5. The Data Processor will support the R&S Wing in conducting the data collection, entry and processing activities when and wherever required to meet its responsibility for identifying patterns and practices that lead to maladministration in the federal agencies and to analyze their causes.
6. Conduct literature review and analysis of data.
6. Any related work (information collection) that may be assigned by the Research & studies Wing or Project Management Unit.