The SPGRM is an intervention of the UNDP and the Wafaqi Mohtasib Secretariat (WMS) (Federal Ombudsman Office, Pakistan). The key objectives of the project are as follows:
(i) To improve public grievance redress mechanisms and their outreach to enable closer alignment with the needs and expectations of citizens;
(ii) To increase public demand for transparency and accountability in service delivery through enhanced civic engagement; and
(iii) To facilitate availability of and access to information regarding grievance redress and service delivery mechanisms and standards.
The methodology adopted to achieve these objectives will be based on institutional strengthening, public outreach and advocacy and consensus building.
Under the guidance and supervision of the NPM, the Communications Officer (CO) will provide guidance and support to the implementation of the project’s communication activities. The aim would be to strengthen the role of the WMS as a central grievance redress institution and build awareness amongst government institutions, private sector companies and the public at large, on the roles, responsibilities and the work of the WMS.
The Specific duties and responsibilities of the CO will be as follows:
1. Develop and implement internal and external strategies for communications and outreach;
2. Design and implementation of the publications strategy and plan
3. Provide continuous inputs to the design, management and implementation of the WMS’s communications and publication strategy;
4. Supervision of the design and maintenance of the WMS web site and web-based knowledge management networks
5. Facilitation of internal and external knowledge building and knowledge sharing
6. Maintenance of regular contact with media and design of awareness campaigns, in print and electronic media
7. Organization of discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, etc. Assist the NPM in organizing events/discussions of the Policy Dialogue Forum and projecting the work/recommendations of the Forum.
8. Forging of a non-partisan image of the WMS through publicizing the intended internal process reform efforts, the ease of accessibility and the merits of using grievance redress mechanisms.
9. Ensure access to information for journalists, public and government agencies.
10. Organize public events and identify opportunities for the WMS to sponsor public events/activities
11. Publication of regular newsletters
12. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to communication and outreach activities of the WMS
13. Assisting the NPM in the implementation of advocacy and outreach campaign for the Federal Ombudsman’s office through the engagement of Civil Society Organizations.
14. Development of an Corporate Identity Kit for the Federal Ombudsman’s office to give it an advanced organizational look and mark.
15. Preparation of regular analytical summative reports on the implementation performance of the ongoing advertisement, advocacy and outreach campaign for the Federal Ombudsman’s office.
Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.