On 8 October, 2005, Pakistan was rocked by an earthquake measuring 7.6 on the Richter scale. This earthquake has devastated, Azad Jammu and Kashmir and northern parts of the NWFP. The earthquake has affected more than 5 million people with more than 2.5 million in need of immediate relief support. The Federal and Provincial Governments, Donors, NGOs and UN System rushed relief assistance to the affected areas and relief efforts are still continuing.
To cope with this enormous task of rehabilitation and reconstruction in the disaster affected areas, the Government of Pakistan has established the Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA). In response to the request from the Government of Pakistan, UNDP is supporting ERRA in carrying out its mandate through programmatic and institutional capacity building and strengthen ERRA’s capacity in programme planning and implementation, through “Technical Assistance for Management of Earthquake Early Recovery” (TAMEER).
Terms of Reference
The Assistant Education Coordinator will be responsible for following activities:
· Assist District Education Coordinator in presentation of plans and getting required approvals at the provincial level
· Maintain statistical data for all education-related activities and prepare reports/updates when required.
· Assist District Education Coordinator in rolling out of the approved plans including packaging of schemes, preparation of PC-1s, approval of PC-1s and tendering process.
· Assist in preparation of monitoring plan for Education Sector and undertake monitoring activities in the field as and when required.
· Maintain communication with the implementing partners on all matters pertaining to the Education Sector
· Any other duties assigned related to this component
The candidate should have:
· A self-motivated and self reliant person with strong sense of initiative and good computer skills with Bachelors Degree in related field with substantial experience in donor and NGO coordination and interface.
· At least ten years experience in planning and implementation of donor and government funded projects or working in government, donor agencies or NGOs preferably in the education sector.
· Experience in working in affected districts of NWFP and/or AJK preferred; and experience working with GoP and civil society is mandatory;
· Good communication skills in English and Urdu and good report writing and presentation skills are essential.
Duration of Appointment: Till 31 December 2010