1. Background and Rationale
Centre for Poverty Reduction and Social Policy Development (CPRSPD) is a joint initiative of the Planning Commission, GoP and UNDP to undertake independent and evidence-based policy oriented research and analysis on poverty-related issues. As part of its mandate, CPRSPD prepares and disseminate the Pakistan Millennium Development Goal Report (PMDGR). The Centre has so far prepared and published PMDGR 2004, 2005 and 2006. Currently, staff of the Centre has prepared a draft of the Pakistan MDG report, 2009. The draft report requires additional refinement and modification in terms of adding richness to the content, analysis, report structuring and focus.
2. Tasks and Responsibilities
The consultant will be required to review, re-structure and refine the draft PMDGR 2009 prepared by CPRSPD. The key tasks involved include:
1. Review, redraft and amend the draft PMDGR 2009 to strengthen the analysis and progress reporting. The consultant will draw upon the guidelines provided by UNDP’s guidance notes on country MDG reporting to focus, structure and articulate the PMDGR.
2. Structure the contents on PMDGR to provide sufficient emphasis on progress reporting, analytical inferences, key challenges, recommendations, coping strategies and policy responses.
3. Statistical information and tables have been updated by CPRSPD staff. However, the consultant will ensure that the indicators and data used in the report are correct and adequate for reporting progress against all MDG targets.
4. Write the chapter on Goal 8 “Develop Global Partnership” and also prepare and write the executive summary.
5. The consultant will analyze and incorporate changes in the first draft report and use and quote reports and documents where no official data/information is available.
6. The UN System has added some new indicators to monitor the progress on MDGs on global basis. Assess whether these indicators can be defined and adopted in Pakistan’s context for inclusion in PMDGR 2009.
3. Scope and Duration of the Consultancy
The activity will be undertaken at the federal level (Islamabad). The consultancy is of 30 days spread over the period from the date of signing of the contract.
Final PMDGR 2009, presented both as a formatted report and as a power point presentation
§ Submit the draft PMDGR report
§ Prepare and deliver a Power point presentation
Submit the Final report