Bio Saline II aims at developing community driven sustainable farming systems for the rehabilitation of waterlogged and salt affected lands to improve livelihoods in three districts of Punjab namely Hafizabad, Jhang and Sargodha.
The Senior Social Organizer will work under the supervision of District Manager and will get guidance from Gender & Social Sector Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop strategy of community interaction for the social organisers.
· Identify and arrange introductory meetings with the contact persons for the program expansion.
· Hold first dialogues meetings with the communities.
· Introduce the program concept and develop a long-term vision of the program in the organized communities.
· Motivate villagers to organize themselves.
· Prepare a profile of the village by collecting data on village statistics particularly on status of the village population and division into better off, well off, poor, poorest and destitute.
· Assist communities in needs identification and prioritization.
· Attend coordination meeting with line agencies.
· Introduce program packages with organized communities.
· Give social guidance to the organized communities.
· In collaboration with the HRD section develop training events for the Activists from community.
· Preparation of the investment plan / portfolio of opportunities with the organised communities.
· Link up the communities with the line agencies and banks for having access to their resources.
· Provide on job training to the social organizers.
· Coordination with NGOs, Banks and line agencies for creating sustainable linkages of the communities and these agencies.
· Preparing monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annual reports about social mobilisation activities for submission to the Project Manager.
Carrying out any other special assignment given by the Project Director and Project Manager within the field of his/her competence.