GEN-PROM, “Gender Promotion through Skills Development in the Clothing/Garment sector” is an initiative of UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) and private sector to enhance the skill level of garments and sewing industry workers and promote gender so that this important backbone industry of Pakistan can survive the tough challenges of global competition. GEN-PROM aims to reduce poverty and (economically) empower female garment workers through skills development and private sector partnerships. These objectives cover the areas of accessible training units, dissemination of best practices in garment training, capacity building of institutions to enable them support gender mainstreaming and sustainability of the overall agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Schedule internal & external meetings and appointments for seniors and consultants and perform liaison duties.
· Draft minutes of meetings of all meetings and their follow up with relevant persons.
· Arrange trainings and workshops including logistics and various event management arrangements and subsequent record keeping including workshop reports
· Lead coordination of Business Guidelines meetings.
· Lead coordination of merchandisers training sessions.
· Lead coordination of classroom training of Coordinators and Trainers.
· Provide troubleshooting of all types of issues at each Satellite Training Units (STU).
· Prepare reports of training activities of Master Trainers & Trainees.
· Maintain leave records of Programme Coordinators.
· Prepare the performance reports of Satellite Training Units (STU).
· Prepare the master files of training activities of each Satellite Training Units (STU).
· Encode data to streamline the monitoring and reporting system for the project.
· Compile status /lists, samples and data of all participating companies.
· Visit Satellite Training Units (STUs) and factories for collection of training data.
· Collect garments of trainees from each Satellite Training Units (STU).
· Ensure proper and in time filling of documents and samples.
· Visit and assist to monitor all project offices, Satellite Training Units (STUs), to ensure compliance of project documents and PCOM;
· Have good control over Microsoft Excel and Word and use of data base in Excel.
· Prepare Power Point presentations, layout and encoding of documents.
· Must have organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and the willingness to contribute to a team effort
· Assist project team members to photocopy documents, prepare sets of reports and in binding.
· Perform any other duties as required.