Responding to the prevailing gender inequalities in the society, the Government of Pakistan has undertaken several important policy intervention actions such as National Strategic Framework for Family Protection, Gender Reform Act Plan (GRAP), National Policy on Development and Empowerment of Women, National Programme for Women’s Political Participation and most recently the Sexual Harassment Act.
The Gender Justice and Protection (GJP) Project is a key initiative of the UNDP Pakistan with the aim to contribute towards sustainable reduction in Violence against Women (VAW) in accordance with the government’s policy commitments. The project is funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) and implemented through the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS). The project supports initiatives at community, organizational and policy level to reduce violence against women in Pakistan
Duties and responsibilities:
The National Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Provide strategic coordination support to all projects funded through GJP Fund through information provision, convening of thematic coordination forums, meetings or orientation sessions
• Identify areas for building synergies between projects funded through GJP Fund, while actively building productive relations with all VAW stakeholders and partners including the government.
• Harmonize project interventions funded through GJP Fund with those of other donors/ International Development Agencies, and CSOs in pursuit of effective and efficient implementation. Identify areas for cooperation to generate increased recognition of UNDP gender equality initiatives in Pakistan.
• Liaison with various partners to create demand and supply for the GJP Funds
• Ensure that the project and its activities get adequate coverage and visibility in media and GJP participates meaningfully in VAW forums.
• Assist the partner organizations, especially government organizations, seeking funding to complete the project proposal format in accordance with the requirements set.
• Assist project implementation in close collaboration with the Programme Officer, Poverty Reduction Unit, UNDP and to ensure conformity and coherence with project outputs and compliance with PCOM and UNOPS procedures.
• Facilitate the convening of Project Steering Committee and the GJP Fund Management Committee meetings and serve as their Secretariat
• Support selection and recruitment of the project staff
• Carry out the project work plan activities as per the schedule.
• Prepare annual work-plan and facilitate timely budget revisions to ensure effective delivery
• Manage project staff and ensure that their inputs are provided in a timely manner, and provide overall guidance.
• Manage the mobilization and provision of inputs of the project and production of outputs, according to the project document and the procedures.
• Any other duty assigned by ACD/Chief Poverty Reduction Unit.