TERMS OF REFERENCE
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and through him/her to the Assistant Country Director, Crisis Prevention and Recovery Unit, and working with the Post crisis needs assessment team, the key responsibilities of the Specialist include:
1. Conduct Desk Review, facilitate and contribute substantively to the discussion on disaster management as a cross cutting theme for integration in the sectors identified during initial assessment process of PCNA
2. Identify viable disaster management options and strategies for communities.
3. Understand the social dynamics in communities and ensure participatory and inclusive approaches that require disaster risk management in the development process. Ensure integration of cross-cutting issues of gender equality, human rights, civil society engagement and refugees.
4. Assist the Team Leader if required, in designing the programme log frame/results and resource framework with respect to community development and promotion of disaster risk management in communities. Ensure necessary interface with other interventions in the field.
5. Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader, conduct as required interviews and consultations with the federal, provincial and district governments and agencies, communities, civil society and other stakeholders, to seek final suggestions to identify disaster risk management and mitigation measures as part of post crisis needs assessment.
6. Collate existing information about for the geographical areas being covered under PCNA relating to disaster risk management and relate these issues with the impact on local communities and their livelihoods.
7. As a member of the team, jointly present the contents of the draft document and obtain feedbacks from stakeholders.
8. Support the team leader in drafting the document in relation to the specific areas.
9. Under the guidance of the Team Leader, finalize the Document incorporating comments and making necessary adjustments and/or improvements.
10. Assist the team leader in preparing the outline of PCNA report. Draft a self contained supplemental report on post-crisis disaster management assessment and also contribute to the assigned sections or chapter of main report of PCNA, with an action plan for mainstreaming disaster management as a cross cutting theme.