TERMS OF REFERECE
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and through him/her to the Assistant Country Director, Crisis Prevention and Recovery Unit, the Specialist serving as a member of a the Post crisis needs assessment team covering the social cohesion and equity issues, is responsible to undertake the following activities, :
1. Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader, conduct as required interviews and consultations with the federal, provincial and district governments and agencies (including the cross-cutting issues), communities, civil society and other stakeholders, to seek final suggestions on the post crisis needs assessment.
2. Conduct Desk Review, facilitate and contribute substantively to the discussion on social cohesion and equity within and across the PCNA teams.
3. Understand the social dynamics in communities and ensure participatory and inclusive approaches that bring social cohesion in the development process. Identify viable social cohesion and equity options and strategies for communities affected by the crisis.
4. Ensure integration of cross-cutting issues of gender equality, human rights, civil society engagement and refugees.
5. Support the Team Leader in designing the programme log frame/results and resource framework with respect to community development and promotion of social cohesion in communities. Ensure necessary interface with other interventions in the field.
6. Draft a relevant section of the report particularly, the section relating to community needs and longer-term strategies and action plan to promote social cohesion and equity in the crisis affected areas.
7. As a member of the team, jointly present the contents of the draft document and obtain feedbacks from stakeholders.
8. Under the guidance of the Team Leader, finalize the Document incorporating comments and making necessary adjustments and/or improvements.