TERMS OF REFERECE
· Lead the Implementation of the Programme in accordance with the Programme outputs and outcomes stipulated in the Programme document, in a well-planned and timely manner;
· Ensure close liaison and participation of federal, provincial and district level authorities, organizations and NGOs and other stakeholders to garner support for effective implementation of the Programme
· Initiate and lead the implementation of the Programme component related to the landslip risk reduction, livelihoods and Natural Resources Management
· Provide technical support in designing and implementing slope stabilization and management at various sites in the project area
· Provide support and training to the implementing partners and local authorities on risk mitigation, improving vegetation cover, reducing landslip damages, and creating livelihood opportunities;
· Implement community based watershed management activities with the involvement of communities and district level organizations;
· Coordinate with other programme and projects for building synergies and sharing information;
· Provide regular updates on progress implementation and prepare required reports.
· Supervise and guide the socioeconomic survey and baseline study for Ghanool sub-watershed and prepare integrated watershed management plan for Ghanool watershed.
· Supervise formulation of Village Organizations and cluster formation at watershed level in Ghanool sub-watershed.
· Plan and supervise the planting and sowing of trees and bushes on the range and forest lands in Karli, Kanshian and Ghanool sub-watersheds in the winter season
· Plan and supervise the roof water harvesting in Karli and Kanshian sub watersheds
· Design and construct ponds in the Kanshian and Karli lake watersheds
· Design and install improvised drip or pipe irrigation system in Kanshian and Karli lake watersheds.
· Establish fruit and forest tree nurseries in Kanshian and Karli watersheds
· Establish fruit orchards in both Kanshian and Karli watersheds
· Complete the planting forest tree species on the farm lands in Kanshian and Karli watersheds
· Establish floriculture plots in Kanshian and Karli watersheds
· Train staff of NHA, FWO and SMEC International in soil bioengineering activities for slope stabilization
· Provide technical guidance for the execution of soil bioengineering works on Kaghan road(C 15) to World Bank funded project in NWFP.
· Prepare a exit strategy for the project.
§ Demonstrate Integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
§ Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
§ Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Ability to lead and manage results-oriented strategic and thematic activities
Substantial knowledge and understanding of issues related to environmental recovery and disaster management
Ability to go beyond established procedures and models, creation of new approaches
Good knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
Management and Leadership:
Build strong relationship with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feed back
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills