· Review existing contingency plans, historical records frequency of hazard occurrence and determine corresponding humanitarian caseloads for earthquake, tsunami, and drought
· Map resources for response in various disasters and identify deficiencies
· Define sectoral response strategies, plans and coordination measures
· Analyze & study prevalent contingency planning formats and procedures for drought, earthquake, and tsunami through involving relevant stakeholders
· Define standardized contingency planning concepts, procedures and formats at national level in line with international best practices
· Share the standardized contingency planning formats with national provincial and district authorities in order to achieve consensus of all stakeholders including; e.g. civil, military, international organizations, united nations, private sector etc.
· Develop relevance of standardized contingency planning formats with disaster occurrence and existing response capacities
· Carry out contingency planning for earthquake, drought, and tsunami situations by involving relevant scientific and government departments including NDMA, and Provincial Disaster Management Authorities;
· Carry out training of selected government official from NDMA, provinces and disaster vulnerable districts on new contingency planning formats;
- Produce final document with technically required elements on Contingency Planning for Drought, Earthquake and Tsunami hazards.
· Excellent knowledge of multi-disciplinary development approaches;
· Ability to plan and work independently without maximum supervision.
· Ability to negotiate with counterpart government officials and with other technical agencies;
· Good physical health and ability to travel
· Positive attitude with a mind set of delivering development services in a most professional manner;
· Excellent skills in technical writing;
· Excellent listening skills;
· Excellent management and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to work under stress situations and manage multiple tasks;
· Proficiency in both English and Urdu is desirable. Ability to speak and understand the local language would be an added advantage.
· UNDP is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.