Refugee Affected and Hosting Area programme has been initiated under one UN programme to improve livelihoods, rehabilitate the environment and enhance social cohesion within communities of refugee-affected and hosting areas. Public services will be improved and policies made more effective by strengthening the capacities of the government, community institutions and vulnerable groups. In this programme crosscutting issues relating to human rights, gender equality, civil society engagement and refugees will be addressed. The positions mentioned below have been created under UNDP- RAA component of the programme being implemented in nine districts of NWFP and Balochistan:
Duties and Responsibilities
1)Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement, when required.
· 2)Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
· 3)Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance and log of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
· 4)Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
· 5) Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
· 6) Responsible for safe travel and comfort of passengers.
· 7)Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.
· 8)Perform any other duties as required.
The driver will work under the direct supervision of Admin & Finance Associate.