Pakistan continues to suffer from a plethora of natural and human induced hazards such as floods, earthquakes, landslides, cyclones and drought, fires, civil unrest, terrorism, transport and industrial accidents that threaten to affect the lives and livelihood of its citizens. The Climate Change and related disaster risks have added an additional dimension to the task of development planners.
Following the promulgation of National Disaster Management Ordinance (NDMO) 2006, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) was established in 2007 to steer the process of DRM as focal point at the federal level. Similarly, the Provincial Disaster Management Authorities (PDMAs) have also been established in Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, NWFP, AJ&K and Northern Areas. Since its inception, NDMA has undertaken a number of initiatives with support from international donor community especially the UN System in Pakistan.
In order to further strengthen the national Disaster Risk Management (DRM) system, a One-UN Joint DRM Programme was launched in early 2009 for an initial time-frame of two years. The Programme is assisting the Government of Pakistan through its four significant outcomes, i.e. strengthening the institutional and policy framework; understanding and monitoring of risks; supporting information management and communication system; and developing community-based DRM system which will include training people, promoting volunteerism and raising public awareness about DRM issues.
Under the overall guidance of the National Project Manager and direct supervisor of designated supervisor if applicable, the Admin & Fiannce Associate ensures effective delivery of the Project Office programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNDP Rules and Regulations.
The Admin & Finance Associate can supervise clerical and support staff of the Programme Unit. The Admin & Finance Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the project offices and UNDP COs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
The Admin & Finance Associate will report to the Project Officer UNDP / NDMA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Admin & Finance Associate will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
1. Provide administrative and logistical support for meeting, to DRR staff in Islamabad and different hubs
2. Correspondence, compile and organize documents. Receive and review requests from project field offices regarding procurements, subcontracts and quarterly advances
3. Under the overall supervision of Project Officer, the Admin & Finance Associate would perform the following tasks.
4. Draft correspondence, compile and organize documents. Receive and review requests from project field offices regarding procurements, subcontracts and quarterly advances.
5. Ensure completion of all necessary documentation before submission to NPM,
generate, monitor and check financial reports.
6. Other duties as assigned by National Project Manager
7. Provide all logistical support for meetings, seminars, workshops and missions. Data entry of budget figures in ATLAS, revision of project award and project status
Making budget check for requisitions, Pos and vouchers.
8. Compile and disseminate information / documents on project activities as required by National Project Manager.
9. Maintain a good filing system, electronic or otherwise, of the programme.
10. Provide all logistical support for meetings, seminars, workshops and missions. Data entry of budget figures in Atlas, revision of project award and project status.
11. Assist the National Project Manager in preparation and consolidation of work plans, budgets and financial plans.
12. Take part in the programme's activities design meetings & attend the related orientation/training on Development/Gender Issues, Finance and Information Technologies.
· Knowledge of and skills in logistics management; e.g. travel, workshop organization, communications, purchase of hardware etc;
· Good interpersonal communication skills;
· Good physical health and ability to travel to local areas with basic travel facilities;
· Positive attitude with a mind set of delivering development services in a most professional manner
· Proficiency in both English and Urdu is desirable. Ability to speak and understand the local language would be an added advantage.
UNDP is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.