The PRS Monitoring Cell underpins the NWFP government's institutional mechanism for poverty monitoring. The PRSM Cell has been mandated with the overall lead in coordinating, monitoring, evaluating, and tracking the implementation of the PRSP; and reporting progress on anti-poverty public expenditures, intermediate social indicators, and final outcomes. A critical input in achieving the targets set out in the PRSP is the effective utilization of anti-poverty public expenditures.
The purpose of the PRS Monitoring project is to strengthen institutional capacities for results-based monitoring and evaluation of poverty reduction strategies (PRS) and has the following three outputs:
1. Public spending and allocations in pro-poor sectors analyzed reviewed and analyzed through a gender lens to better understand the contribution and needs of men and women
2. Quality, collection, analysis and management of PRS data improved at national and province levels
3. National engagement in PRS monitoring mobilized through participatory processes
Duties and responsibilities:
The Poverty Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will report to PPM and will work in close coordination with other project and implementing agency staff.
The tasks and responsibilities of the Poverty M&E Specialist would include:
· Improve & Implement the monitoring and evaluation framework/matrix as provided in the PRSP document
· Collect and maintain databases (including micro data) for various data series of the government including national and sub-national surveys and build a simplified data bank for ready reference
· Streamline the mechanism for tracking, monitoring, and evaluating of PRS intermediate indicators and outcome indicators in consultation with the federal and provincial government agencies
· Institutionalize monitoring and evaluation system in provincial PRS implementing agencies
· Evaluate and report on the adequacy of various indicators for any mid course corrections
· Work in close coordination with the CGA office in devising mechanisms for reporting district level anti-poverty expenditures with the institutionalization of district level accounting process
· Coordinate with Controller General of Accounts, Accountant General of Pakistan Revenues, and provincial Accountant General’s offices for tracking, compiling and analyzing anti-poverty expenditure on quarterly basis
· Support in preparation in Quarterly and Annual Reports for the PRSM Cell NWFP· Regularly provide material to update the website
· Any other job assigned related to the functions of PRSM Cell by PPM/PPD
Note: This is a re-advertisement, the candidates who applied before for this post need not to apply again.