AGRP-B is working on strengthening and alignment of institutions and striving to improve the access to information for effective decision making, planning and monitoring at Provincial and local Governments level.
The proper implementation of E-Governance would result in; better government by enabling better policy outcomes, better governance, quality services, and greater involvement of citizens in decision making process, contribute to economic policy objectives and advance the public reform agenda. At the Provincial and District Levels Information and Communication Technology deployment can increase efficiency and transparency in government services, besides, it can increase the level of engagement of the citizens in decision-making process, to improve delivery of public services.
The Assistance to Governance Reforms and Practices in Balochistan (AGRP-B) Project developed a user-friendly district based Participatory Information System (PIS) with active participation of beneficiary government departments to be used for planning, implementation, management and monitoring of local level public services. The Project has established District Management Information Centre and PIS has been developed in DMIC. The district level database is facilitating the planners and decision-makers to appraise the spatial, gender disparities, and suggests priorities for intervention in the neglected areas. The data reflects the performance of public services and future requirements of a particular community at village through MIS and GIS reports. PIS comprise MIS (developed on Oracle 9i database and 6i developer) and GIS (developed on Arc GIS 9.3)
A full time Database Administrator will be recruited to assist IT Specialist to manage and implement Participatory Information System replication component of the project in an effective and efficient manner. The Database Administrator will work under the guidance of the IT Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Database Administrator will work closely with the IT Specialist for the development of the District Management Information Centers and replication and utilization of PIS in the Project districts;
- The Database Administrator will develop GIS Maps of the concern District.
- The Database Administrator will develop generalized and customized reports of PIS using Oracle 6i Report Module.
- The Database Administrator will disseminate MIS reports and GIS maps to the stakeholders.
- The Database Administrator will carry out data scanning of PIS data.
- The Database Administrator will impart regular IT trainings to District Government Officers/Staff.
- The Database Administrator will facilitate the District Governments in ensuring the proper utilization of PIS and DMICs in planning and monitoring of public services;
- The DBA will prepare and maintain Database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
- The DBA will work closely with the IT Specialist, HRDS, RPAs and District Governments for capacity building of DMIC’s staff and concerned government officials on operation, maintenance and utilization of PIS and DMICs.
- The DBA will also be responsible of trainings on Basic IT to the government officials and staff of the District Government and submission of the reports to the PMU on quarterly basis.
- Maintain data standards, including data protection.
- Ensuring data storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff, to ensure the database integrity and security.
- Monitor database activity and performance.
- Carry out day-to-day Database administration, integration, multi-tier configuration, security and the applications environment
- Commissioning and installing new applications
- The Database Administrator will monitor the field activities related to data collection and its dissemination among the stakeholders;
- The DBA will prepare and submit regular monitoring/progress reports to the IT Specialist and RPA related to his/her component;
- Any related work that may be assigned by the Project Management.