The Strengthening Democracy through Parliamentary Development phase-II project is designed to assist the parliament to strengthen its legitimate role within national governance, enhance its administration, and provide appropriate support for Parliamentarians in discharging their core tasks of executive oversight and law making.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Project Manager will provide the SDPD PMU with support in the implementation, management and dissemination of information of parliamentary support, particularly Output 3. The Deputy Project Manager will report to the National Project Manager (NPM).
The Deputy Project Manager will support the PMU by undertaking the following main activities:
1. Support the implementation of the strategy to support CSOs and citizen in articulating their concern to Parliament.
2. Support the NTAs and PMU in executing training for CSOs on general advocacy about the Parliament and committees procedures.
3. Facilitate the implementation of the communication plan/s plan to educate citizens about the role and responsibilities of the Parliament.
4. Organize roundtables and dialogues with civil society leaders and MPs on establishing mechanisms for interaction with parliamentarians and CSOs
5. Assist the NPM in preparation and consolidation of work plans, budgets and financial plans.
6. Manage utilization of quarterly advances in accordance with quarterly work plans in collaboration with NPM
Administrative and Reporting:
· Understand and follow the UNDP Project Management/PCOM Guidelines
· Guide staff and implementing partner in preparing their progress reports. Together, analyse these reports in terms of problems and actions needed
· Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management unit to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
· Review monitoring reports, analyse them for impact evaluation and to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation
· Drafts correspondence as required/requested.
· Compile component related materials as well as track up-dates as inputs to the SDPD website.
- Coordinate with NPM and implementing partner in organizing workshops, presentations, and other meetings.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the NPM / NPD.