The Project Officer, who shall report directly to PO, monitor all aspect of the project progress and implementation, identifies operational and financial issues and assist in resolving them by taking appropriation action. He / She will provide guidance to the PO in all aspects of the project cycle with a focus on the project implementation and budget management.
• Supervise the work in all aspect of the daily administration work, including processing and follow-up on budgets financial issues, payments, travel, procurement and other operational aspects of project implementation.
• Ensure proper work planning and implementation of project under his / her portfolio.
• Sustain in the preparation of Term of Reference for the staff and consultants, and oversee the recruitment process.
• Analysis operational budget formats (ATLAS) in accordance with the UNDP financial management system and ensure accuracy of document and compliance.
• Track activity fund availability upon the submission of requisitions and advise on the approvals.
• Ensured contract administration, with overseeing contact amendments, ensuring timely payments and contract close out processes.
• Valuation input of financial information, expenditure etc. in ATLAS and ongoing budget monitoring.
• Ensure conformity of project disbursement request with procedure, work plans, and availability of funds.
• Maintain record of project files and activity reports in hard and soft copies.
• Review activity reports and quarterly financial reports with respect to output based on work plan and budget forecast.
• Liaison with the finance department in tracking disbursements.
• Oversee all operational and logistic services such as arrangement of transportation, air tickets, maintaining inventory reports, local purchase of goods and services to assist the project delivery tasks.
• Review and amend the HR staffing plan as required with consultation with PO.
• Provide training to field offices and personnel in service to ensure compliance with financial rules and regulation and procurement procedures.
• Participate in periodic visit to the project sites and sub-offices to review compliance with the recognized procedures.
• Assist the PO in preparation of projects close out reports and ensure final report and lesson learned are shared with project staff where appropriate, and successful project close is carried out.
• Perform project asset management functions.
• Attend coordination meetings as required, arrange and host donor, arrange donor and missions field visits and represent PO as requested.
• Prepare the documents for reversals and adjustment entries in ATLAS if required.
• Any other responsibility assigned by the PO or Unit Chief
• Excellent knowledge of project management;
• Good understanding of the public sector development programs;
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability to work under stress and to undertake multi-tasking;
• Excellent skills in technical report writing;
• Good physical health and ability to travel to local areas with basic travel facilities;
• Positive attitude with a mind-set of delivering development services in a professional manner;
• People management skills