The PRSP secretariat underpins the government’s institutional mechanism for poverty monitoring. The PRSP Secretariat has been mandated with the overall lead in coordinating , monitoring , evaluating and tracking the implementation of PRSP; and reporting progress on anti-poverty public expenditure , intermediate social indicators and final outcome. A critical input in achieving the targets set out PRSP is the effective utilization of anti-poverty public expenditure.
The purpose of the PRSP Monitoring project is to strengthen institutional capacities for results-based monitoring and evaluation of poverty reduction strategies (PRS) and has the following three outputs:
-- Public spending and allocations in pro-poor sectors analyzed reviewed and analyzed through a gender lens to better understand the contribution and needs of men and women.
-- Quality, collection, analysis and management of PRSP data improved at national and province levels.
-- Provincial engagement in PRSP monitoring mobilized through participatory processes.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The tasks and responsibilities of the Poverty M&E Specialist would include:
- The tasks and responsibilities include:-
· Support the Provincial Project Director (PPD) in the overall project management and implementation.
· Operational management of the production of project outputs according to the project document and the procedures in the Project Cycle Operation Manual.
· Assist PPD and UNDP in the selection and recruitment of project personnel and short term consults.
· Preparation and revisions o f the project work plans, budgets and financial plans.
· Organization and management of project activities according to the work plan in order to produce the outputs.
· Coordination and supervision of project technical personnel.
· Timely preparation and submission of the Annual Review Report (APR)/Quarterly Review Report (QPR) and any other required progress reports and assurance that reports prepared by project personnel or participants and prepared as required. Ensure submission of those reports to PPD, UNDP and Steering Committees.
· Identification and resolution of implementation problems, with the assistance of PPD if necessary.
· Keep track and maintain accounts for the project funds in line with the relevant guidelines of UNDP and PCOM.
· Ensure that proper monitoring system is in place with regular reporting and control.
· Coordinate and facilitate the conduct of project evaluation.
· Provide input to performance appraisal of staff assigned to the project, determine staffing needs and delegate work assignments.
· Ensure that all contractual obligations are adhered to and make the necessary contracts with recruited staff to ensure that implementation meets project targets.
· Review situation of poverty of Sindh province and submit paper/position to the Steering Committee quarterly along with the recommendation/suggestions/measures for reduction of poverty.
· Assess and create linkages with Union Council Based Poverty Reduction Programme being implemented in district Shikarpur and Kashmore-Kandhkot through Sindh Rural Support Organization and submit analytical report on the impact of the programme in the area.
· Facilitate the timely convening of Provincial Steering Committee meeting and ensure participation of its members.
· Organize high-level workshops/symposia and policy dialogues.
The technical tasks and responsibilities include:
· Identify and provide input/support on genders issues with respect to the overall ambit of Pakistan’s Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper.
· Monitor the progress of MDG led poverty initiative under PRSP II at the sub national levels.
· Identify key opportunities, constraints and development needs for promoting gender equality through PRSP 2 and make recommendations for further improvement
· Identify resources, draft TORs and supervise institutions and resource persons who will carry out the activities outlined in the work plan of PRS Monitoring Project Management Coordination Unit (PMCU).
· Liaison with ministries/departments which are covered under GRB component
· Should be familiar with Ms Office tools.
Excellent written and speaking English / Urdu.