The Provincial Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) Cell (Balochistan) in the planning and Development Department underpins the government's institutional mechanism for poverty monitoring. The PRSP Cell has been mandated with the overall lead in coordinating, monitoring, evaluating, and tracking the implementation of the PRSP-II; and reporting progress on anti-poverty public expenditures, intermediate social indicators, and final outcomes. A critical input in achieving the targets set out in the PRSP is the effective utilization of anti-poverty public expenditures.
The purpose of the PRSP Monitoring project is to strengthen institutional capacities for results-based monitoring and evaluation of poverty reduction strategies (PRS) and has the following three outputs:
Public spending and allocations in pro-poor sectors analyzed reviewed and analyzed through a gender lens to better understand the contribution and needs of men and women. Quality, collection, analysis and management of PRSP data improved at national and province levels. Provincial engagement in PRSP monitoring mobilized through participatory processes.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The tasks and responsibilities of the Poverty M&E Specialist would include:
Identify and provide input/support on genders issues with respect to the overall ambit of Pakistan’s Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper.
· Identify key opportunities, constraints and development needs for promoting gender equality through PRSP 2 and make recommendations for further improvement
· Manage the Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) component of the project.
· Identify resources, draft TORs and supervise institutions and resource persons who will carry out the activities outlined in the work plan of GRB component.
· Liaison with ministries/departments which are covered under GRB component
· Develop a strategic plan for dissemination of budget research and analysis reports of GRB component
· Identify resources and areas of potential research cooperation for project
· Revise annual work plan of GRB component as and when required.
· Any other job assigned relating with the functions of PRSP Cell by PPD
The Gender and Poverty Specialist will report to PPD and will work in close coordination with PPM.