The Provincial Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) Cell (Sindh) in the planning and Development Department underpins the government's institutional mechanism for poverty monitoring. The PRSP Cell has been mandated with the overall lead in coordinating, monitoring, evaluating, and tracking the implementation of the PRSP-II; and reporting progress on anti-poverty public expenditures, intermediate social indicators, and final outcomes. A critical input in achieving the targets set out in the PRSP is the effective utilization of anti-poverty public expenditures.
The purpose of the PRSP Monitoring project is to strengthen institutional capacities for results-based monitoring and evaluation of poverty reduction strategies (PRS) and has the following three outputs:
- Public spending and allocations in pro-poor sectors analyzed reviewed and analyzed through a gender lens to better understand the contribution and needs of men and women.
- Quality, collection, analysis and management of PRSP data improved at national and province levels.
- Provincial engagement in PRSP monitoring mobilized through participatory processes.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Admin and Finance Assistant will work under the overall supervision of Provincial Project Director and will be responsible for the followings:
· Ensure the implementation of UNDP/GOS Financial and Admin related policies in the project;
· Prepare and maintain quarterly advances and financial reports and keep a track of all funds released by the Project;
· Prepare necessary documentation for quarterly advances and their settlement inline with the UNDP/GOS standard financial procedures;
· Maintain ledger of financial commitments and advances, ensure settlement of advances in accordance with agreed contract;
· Prepare salary/rosters of the project staff and other short-term consultants, if needed and ensure timely payment of salaries;
· Prepare payment vouchers with complete supporting documents and issue cheques and advances to vendors concerned after approval from the competent authority;
· Maintain project petty expenses and ensure entries in petty cash register, maintain general ledger to keep record of project accounts;
· Provide support to prepare tender documents, disseminate, prepare bids tabulation and ensure quality and quantity of goods before delivery; receive and check invoices from the suppliers and initiate payment requests;
· Responsible for inventory management of both expendable and non-expendable project items.
· He/she will also be responsible for the project file management i.e. to maintain an accessible filing system in the project.
· Act as a focal person for yearly project audit;
· Prepare contracts for the project staff, process medical & insurance claims.
· Assist in the preparation of monitoring and progress controls set in place by UNDP as per the PCOM;
· Assist with all administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops conferences;
· Prepare different correspondences on the above matters and ensure follow up system;
· Prepare project budgets and maintain financial disbursements and monitoring systems for monthly submission to UNDP/GOS;
· Assist in processing financial claims and facilitate approval through ensuring appropriate documentation and record keeping in accordance with PCOM rules;
· Handle all financial, matters of the workshops meetings and seminars organized under the project.;
· Act as focal person for projects audit;
· Perform any other duty and when required and assigned by PPD.