Experience: Professionalism –Training & Capacity Building
· A minimum 6 years of experience of working with or within Government Sector and familiarity with the provincial and national emergency management framework its structure and policies.
· Experience i.e. minimum 4 years in implementation of emergency response capacity building projects as master trainer and have first hand experience of management and implementation of emergency response, preparedness and capacity building initiatives preferably at provincial or national level.
· Experience in Local and Community Based Disaster Risk Management (LCBDRM) programs of planning, organization and conduct of preparedness and emergency response training and capacity building in disaster prone communities at provincial /national level.
· First hand experience of developing disaster preparedness and emergency response training material to impart training at national and provincial level, including course curriculum, trainer’s manuals, participant workbooks etc, and its translation into local language, URDU/PUSHTO.
· Experience of coordination and executing emergency response and disaster management training courses preference will be given to person with foreign qualification in the relevant field and an experience as master instructor.
· Expertise in development of training / capacity building program budgets and financial proposals.
· Working knowledge of UNDP’s management, financial, HR and logistics procedures
· Sound understanding of development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems for capacity building initiatives.
· Capacity to generate high standard reports, including monitoring and evaluation reports, activity reports, post training evaluation and assessment reports and annual program reports.
· Experience in overseeing the implementation of capacity building / training initiates and designing of monitoring and evaluation tools.Capacity to monitor the implementation progress of the program according to work plan.
· Experience of assisting and facilitating in organizing district and provincial level workshops, brainstorming meetings and seminars.
· Skills in mobilizing the various stakeholders for the implementation through consensus building measures.
· Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) both in English and Urdu. Spoken Pushto will be an asset for the position.
· Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and hardship and adverse security conditions;
· Ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner.
· Experience of working in NWFP and FATA and knowledge of UN/UNDP policies and programming frameworks will be considered an advantage.
· Ability to travel to and work in conflict affected areas of NWFP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the DRM Capacity Building Expert in UNDP CPRU, the key responsibilities of the position will include:
· Assist, take part and coordinate delivery of disaster management awareness at district level in 5 districts and emergency response skill training to selected volunteers at community (UC) level in 144 UCs on basic search and rescue, emergency health care, fire fighting and evacuation etc.
· Coordinate with district authorities and community members to assist in the development of Community based Rapid Response Team (CRRTs) mechanism in 144 UCs, spread across five districts i.e. Buner, Malakand, Shangla, Swat and Dir, by practically taking part in training of community volunteers.
· Assist in the procurement and provision of emergency preparedness equipment to each UC team in all above noted five districts.
· Assist in establishing community response committees at UC level, and linking this forum at district level.
· Assist in the development process of DRM planning at district level by organizing DRM awareness raising and education workshops of district officials.
· Assist in need assessment at community levels in terms of hazard vulnerability for effective provision of training, equipment and stores for emergency response at UC level
· Assist in overseeing the implementation of initiate according to the work plan and designing of monitoring and evaluation tools.
· Generate and keep a record program reports, including monitoring and evaluation reports, activity reports, post training evaluation and assessment reports and annual program reports.
· Assist and facilitate in organizing district and provincial level workshops, brainstorming meetings and seminars.
· Assist in mobilizing various stakeholders provincial and district authorities, community members and CBOs for the implementation of program through consensus building measures.
· Assist in hiring the services of Master Trainers (training team) to train communities in disaster risk management, including hazard awareness basic search and rescue, emergency first aid, fire fighting and evacuation will be acquired on short term basis whenever required.
· Assist in management of budget and activity cost and routine day to day office functions of program
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.