Experience: Professionalism – Technical & Capacity Building
· A minimum 10 years of experience of working with or within Government Sector and familiarity with the provincial and national emergency management framework its structure and policies.
· Extensive experience i.e. minimum 5 years in the development and implementation of emergency response capacity building projects and have first hand experience of management and implementation of preparedness and response capacity building initiatives at provincial and national level.
· Experience in Local and Community Based Disaster Risk Management (LCBDRM) programs of planning, organization and conduct of preparedness and emergency response training and capacity building in disaster prone communities at national level.
· Experience of developing disaster preparedness and emergency response training material to impart training at national and provincial level, including course curriculum, trainer’s manuals, participant workbooks etc, and its translation into local language, URDU/PUSHTO.
· Experience of technically assisting National /Provincial Government, in emergency response capacity building for staging emergency response at par with global response standards while simultaneously developing an international standard response preparedness mechanism.
· Experience of planning and executing the emergency response and disaster management training courses in Pakistan preference will be given to person with foreign qualification in the relevant field and an experience as instructor.
· Comprehensive knowledge of emergency response thematic area of UNDP’s (ONE UN JOINT DRM) Programming Framework in Pakistan implemented through NDMA and PDMAs and other DRM programs in area
· Expertise in development of projects and budgets in coordination with international donors, while ensuring that conceptualization of project is in line with international best practices of humanitarian response i.e. sphere etc.
· Excellent skills in development of a national/ provincial strategy for implementation of capacity building initiates and consensus building of various stakeholder through workshops, brainstorming meetings and seminars.
· Experience in overseeing the implementation of capacity building / training initiates and designing of monitoring and evaluation tools.
· Skills in mobilizing the various stakeholders for the implementation through consensus building measures.
· Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) including the ability to convey complex management concepts and recommendations to staff at all levels, both orally and in writing, in a clear, concise style that can be readily understood by all.
· Proven ability to design and facilitate multi-faceted development interventions. Analytical judgment and management skills; results-orientation and efficiency in a multi-tasking environment; Excellent networking and partnering skills with a demonstrated successful resource mobilisation record; Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and hardship conditions; Ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner. Experience of working in NWFP and FATA and knowledge of UN/UNDP policies and programming frameworks will be considered an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Programme Officer in UNDP CPRU, the key responsibilities of the DRM Expert include:
· Supervise and manage the delivery of disaster management awareness at district level in 5 districts and emergency response skill training to selected volunteers at community (UC) level in 144 UCs on basic search and rescue, emergency health care, fire fighting and evacuation etc.
· Develop of Community based Rapid Response Team (CRRTs) mechanism in 144 UCs, spread across five districts i.e. Buner, Malakand, Shangla, Swat and Dir, by practically taking part in training of community volunteers.
· Oversee the procurement and provision of emergency preparedness equipment process meant for each UC team in all above noted five districts.
· Establishing community response committees at UC level, and link this forum at district level.
· Supervise and coordinate DRM planning at district level by organizing DRM awareness raising and education workshops of district officials.
· Carry out need assessment at community levels in terms of hazard vulnerability for effective provision of training, equipment and stores for emergency response at UC level
· Oversee the implementation of initiate according to the work plan and ensure timely completion of activities.
· Keep an updated record of program’s reports and documentation, including monitoring and evaluation reports, activity reports, post training evaluation and assessment reports and annual program reports.
· Mobilize various stakeholders provincial and district authorities, community members and CBOs for the implementation of program through consensus building measures.
· Oversee the hiring process of Master Trainers (training team) to train communities in disaster risk management, including hazard awareness basic search and rescue, emergency first aid, fire fighting and evacuation will be acquired on short term basis whenever required.
· Management of budget and activity cost and routine day to day office functions of program.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.