The Office Secretary will be required to perform the following services:-
· Assist his/her supervisor in routine matters.
· Type routine correspondence; provide background information and relevant files.
· Answer oral queries received from general public, other organizations, concerned industries & companies regarding various issues & activities of the project.
· Manage mail i.e. collecting, reviewing & sorting incoming mail / faxes / e-mail, passing to concerned officers for action and dispatching outgoing mail.
· Manage supervisor’s activities calendar including meetings, visitors, calls and travel. Arranges appointments. Operates multimedia presentations. Receives visitors, receives and screens telephone calls etc.
· Maintain all office / general files in a manner allowing rapid retrieval. Ensures retrieve-ability of documents also kept by others. Maintain electronic files as well as papers, update files, maintains a detailed list of files
· Coordinate meetings within and outside the office. Ensure participants are informed in time and necessary documentation is circulated.
· Maintain list of addresses and contact numbers of relevant organizations, individuals and agencies.
· Ability to effectively manage office equipment (e.g. Computer, photocopier, printer etc).
· Excellent computer skills; MS Office, email, internet etc.
· Good spoken and written English.
· Knowledge of the UN system preferred.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.