Reporting to the Provincial Programme Manager, and working in close coordination with the other specialists and UNDP Country Office, the key responsibilities of the Gender Specialist include:
· Provide substantive support to enhance the national and local capabilities in gendered planning, monitoring and evaluation in a post-conflict, recovery and rehabilitation climate;
· Guide and advise the sector specialists on gender related interventions in the areas of governance, crisis prevention and livelihoods creation, recovery and promotion;
· Under take a gender budget analysis of the different sector projects to ensure program outputs appropriately allocate funds for gender related interventions;
· Support in the development of gender related monitorable indicators in the different sectors using existing data for establishing baselines and future targets;
· Support PARSA in mainstreaming gender concerns within the organization, with particular attention to staff recruitment, management and regular training on gender sensitization;
· Sensitize UNDP DD units on emerging gender issues within the areas of governance, poverty reduction, environment and crisis prevention, and propose mitigating measures;
· Assist in the operationalization of the Gender components of the programme and play a lead substantive and coordinating role in the formulation of the second-generation assistance programme for Malakand;
· Coordinate UNDP’s gender related initiatives under this programme with other United Nations agencies and donors, and develop inter-agency synergies and Complementarity.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.