Reporting to the Provincial Programme Manager, and in coordination with the Energy and Environment Unit of UNDP the key responsibilities of the Environment Specialist include:
· Provide substantive support to enhance the national and local capabilities in post-conflict management, rehabilitation; strengthen UNDP’s in-house capacity in the area of environmental recovery and rehabilitation;
· Assist in the operationalization of the Environment components of the programme and play a lead substantive and coordinating role in the formulation of the second-generation assistance programme for Malakand;
· Ensure that environment related issues are systematically addressed in the UNDP strategic planning and results-based management processes;
· Identify bridging arrangements, execution modalities and implementing agents, ensure that performance monitoring, evaluations and impact assessments are carried out, and design exit strategies.
· Coordinate UNDP’s Environment related initiatives under this programme with other United Nations agencies and donors, and develop inter-agency synergies and Complementarity.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.