Directly reporting to the UNDP Assistant Resident Representative or designate, and in close coordination with PaRRSA, UN Agencies and NGOs working in the area. The key responsibilities of the Programme Coordinator include:
Coordination Support and Oversight:
· Provide strategic coordination support to the Provincial Programme Manager and all partners (PaRRSA, Participating UN agencies, EAD, Government of NWFP as well as partner NGOs) through information provision, meetings as appropriate.
· Identify areas for building synergies between partners, highlight duplication of effort, while actively building productive relations with programme stakeholders.
· Maintain liaison with the other Programme Units of UNDP to ensure consistency between the interventions under Governance, Poverty Reduction, Gender, Environment and Social Cohesion.
· Harmonize programme interventions with those of other donors/international organizations in pursuit of effective and efficient implementation.
· Support UNDP management in resource mobilization efforts for the 3-year programme. Act as a liaison with national partners, implementation partners, UNDP and other donors.
· Effectively apply RBM tools for achievement of results of the programme in coordination with the Strategic Management Unit of UNDP.
· Represent UNDP at the Early Recovery Cluster.
Advisory and Technical:
· Provide advisory services to Government counterparts and especially PaRRSA for effective implementation of programme activities.
· Provide technical backstopping to all programme components and ensure that activities are on track and in accordance with the Annual Work Plan.
· The PC will coordinate with UNDP Operations Division for procurement, contracting and financial management related to the project such as preparation TORs for sub-contracts, procurement documents etc.
Assurance and Reporting:
· Consolidate the work plan and progress reports from the Provincial and District Offices for wider circulation.
· Ensure progress and financial reporting is meeting the timelines requested by donors and others for the programme.
· Undertake field visits for onsite verification of work and ensuring required standards; Supervise team of project staff and provide guidance and oversight to field operations/activities.
· Provide complete support to evaluation or monitoring missions by the UN agencies or the donors.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.