Ministry of Environment is implementing the first phase of a UNDP-GEF & GoP funded project on “Sustainable Land Management to combat Desertification in Pakistan”. The overall goal of the project is to combat land degradation and desertification in Pakistan in order to protect and restore ecosystems and essential ecosystem services that are key to reducing poverty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the over-all guidance of the Provincial Project Director (PPD), direct supervision of the Provincial Project Coordinator (PPC) and in coordination with Admin and Finance Officer (AFO) at National Coordination Unit, the Admin & Finance Assistant (AFA) will perform the following accounting and administrative tasks for the Provincial Coordination Unit (PCU):-
- Manage petty cash and bank accounts of the PCU.
- Prepare system generated petty cash and bank disbursement vouchers and ensure supporting documents are verified and attached with the vouchers.
- Ensure the approvals of Provincial Project Director and the PPC are obtained before making any payment.
- Properly maintain records of all paid vouchers for inspection of Internal/External auditors.
- Manage inventory of Expandable/Non Expendable items and ensure that inventory tags are affixed on all non-expandable equipment.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statement of project bank account on monthly basis.
- Prepare Quarterly Advance Requests and Quarterly Financial Reports and ensure their timely submission to the NCU for consolidation of project financial reports.
- Provide secretarial backstopping, including assistance in procurements.
- Act as a storekeeper for all purchases and procurement of office stationery including maintaining record of fax/photo copier usage.
- Handle logistical and administrative matters of the PCU, including workshops, meetings, seminars, Prepare staff leave accounts and monthly forward the staff leave account to NCU
- Act as focal person for internal and external financial audits.
- Perform any other task assigned by the PPD, PPC and AFO.